Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lap Full of Love

Two months ago August, Edward and I packed up the truck and headed north for my family reunion.  Normally the dogs go with us whenever we travel but this time we had to leave them behind as the rental house on Lake Geneva had a strict "no pets" policy.  I found a fabulous pet sitter who stayed at the house with "the furry children" and lavished them with love.  Our first night away from the dogs something amazing happened.  I sat down at the kitchen table in the rental house and automatically braced my legs for the anticipated "lap leap" that always occurs when I am at home.  I hadn't even realized I did that when I sat until I found myself in a dogless house.  My lap, however, is lonely no more.  In fact, many times it is overflowing with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment