Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bon Appetit


Our babysitter had to take the afternoon off today which was probably divine providence. August picked Edward up after his morning of preschool and was able to be home with Emma and shuttle her over to Dr. Olson when he called late this afternoon. He gave her a shot around 3:30 to help assuage her lethargy and when I arrived home at 5:30 she did get up and greet me at the door. She eventually wandered into the kitchen to watch me make dinner and she did perk her ears up several times when I spoke to her. August offered her a lovely bowl of Science Diet throughout the day and she would turn her nose away. I stopped at the market on the way home from work and picked up ground sirloin and rice. As I browned the beef in the pan on the stove Emma raised her nose in the air to take a whiff. I presented it to her on Edward's Sesame Street plate and it didn't look too elegant but it did the trick - she ate most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment